First Post

This is my first post for this class. My name is Jake Butler, I'm from Melbourne Beach, FL and I'm a New Media major. For a long time I though I'd be a mechanical engineer because that's what my dad was, and I had a deep interest in technology. But the summer before my junior year, I attended a week long engineering conference at UC Berkeley and while it was a great experience, it turned me off from engineering. At that time I knew that I loved making videos, I had made some montages for my family and just loved the editing process. The feeling of looking back at a completed product is euphoric.
Through this class, I hope to better hone my editing skills and maybe dabble in a few new things in digital media. Based on the first class we had, I believe I will and I look forward to the semester ahead (If only it wasn't from 8 to 10 pm). I hope this better prepares me for a career of editing commercials or music videos or something in that vain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Calligram

Alright I Like This One